Friday, November 7, 2008

A Basket of Christmas Love - a couple of movies and some Hot Stuff!

I wanted to post a final snap of all the wonderful ornaments from the Ornament exchange -


These lovelies will forever remind me of the great stitchers who created them and every year go on the tree and be spots of friendship!! I want to thank all the ladies who created them - Carol, Vonna (I know its not Donna - I just write this stuff way too early in the morning - :) ), Joan, Becky, Staci, Cathy, Jill, Julianne, Carolyn and Amy - Thank you all so much for these Christmas treats!!!!!! and Thank you Becky for putting the exchange together!!

Last night before Greys Anatomy - don't get me started - I watched a really great movie - which I think was a fourth film incarnation of an Oscar Wilde play - called "An Ideal Husband" - 1999 - This version had top notch actors, set design and photography. The ensemble cast included Cate Blanchett,Minnie Driver, Julianne Moore, Rupert Everett and Lindsey Duncan. Excellent adaptation if a bit slower than the play but well worth a look. An earlier version was the 1947 version starring Paulette Goddard. Directing for this version on his last film was Alexander Korda and costumes by Cecil Beaton - the 47 version is quicker paced but just as lush - I do not think it is out on DVD - you have to catch it on the TV so if you get the chance to see it try to.

Yesterday on the way home I stopped into Walgreen's and found some new candy
- or at least new to me -

Now the Fireball - jawbreaker - is one of my favorite candies and has been since forever - I had never seen a "chewy" version of the regular or atomic - since chewy is always good...I had to get them. This version of the fireball is about the size between a green pea and a chick pea and shiny - and very hot and chewy - so if you like it hot and a super cinnamon blast for your palette AND chewy - you should try these.

Thanks for stopping by - Have a great weekend!!!!

Take care,
edgar

16 comments:

  1. Oh, Edgar, what a pretty basket! Methinks you will get YEARS of enjoyment from that. Thanks for the review of "An Ideal Husband"...I have it ready to watch on my DVR-thingie! Have a fabulous weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sumptuous basket of ornaments Edgar - each and every one stitched with love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's been fun to watch you receive them all - so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a great basket of ornaments! You will enjoy that for a long time, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. the ornaments look great even in the basket. That candy would be right up my alley so I will have to go and find it here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What wonderful ornaments. You and those that participated in that exchange are very lucky. I hope to take part in it next year.

    As for those fireballs, thanks :) I will have to give them a try I love the regular fireballs a chewy version sounds even better.
    Natasha

    ReplyDelete
  7. Edgar... what a beautiful set of ornies just sitting there waiting for a tree to hang from! Gorgeous work to everyone!!!

    And I love "An Ideal Husband".. just too funny. Rupert Everett is one of my faves and I just eat up whatever he puts out. Glad you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great basket of ornaments! How pretty! I haven't seen that new chewy atomic candy. I bet it's tasty!
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a treat to have a basket of lovingly stitched ornaments! That tree is going to look FABulous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful basket of ornaments !

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those are really lovely ornaments, Edgar. It's inspired me to start stitching some Christmas ornaments myself....I'm still stitching Halloween pieces! lol

    Sue
    Western Australia

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's such a wonderful basket, enjoy :) What a great idea to have an exchange like that, I enjoy seeing all the ornaments in your blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your ornaments are all gorgeous! I know you'll enjoy them immensely (I'm certainly enjoying mine!)

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fantastic basket of tokens of friendship!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The all of the exchange is lovely, you really knew how to arrange it. In the Ideal Husband I prefer Jeremy Northam. Not much seen in the movies, but an excelent actor. Julianne Moore is always lovely!!!
    Best regards

    ReplyDelete
  16. How special to get so many beautiful ornaments. Wonderful exchange!

    ReplyDelete

“In every end, there is also a beginning.”

 Gentle Friends, I finished the sampler last night and here's a snaperooo... Village Square Sampler from Samplers Remembered   1/8 - 3/2...