Friday, January 23, 2009

East Coast - West Coast movies and some stitching

Last night on TCM were some super movies in their on going month long look at east coast vs west cost movies. The line up last night started off with "42nd Street" - 1937, starring Ruby Keeler - a young starlet makes good on the stage. Followed by "A Star is Born" - 1937, starring Janet Gaynor - a young starlet makes good on film. The next two films were "All About Eve" - 1950, starring Bette Davis - neurotic stage star frets over aging. The LA film was "Sunset Blvd." - 1950, starring Gloria Swanson - nutty film star frets over aging. These are four super movies and worth seeing if you haven't - you will not be disappointed!!!!

During all that film stuff I did some kitchen cleaning - such fun!! The way our downstairs is set up I can sort of watch TV or at least hear it while doing some grungy housework!! After all that fun I sat down and worked some on an exchange piece. Then I moved on to some stitching on Le Jardin. Here is a progress snap -

It is moving right along. I am totally enjoying stitching on this piece!!

There you go - Have a great weekend everyone!!!
Thanks for stopping by!
Take care,
edgar

20 comments:

  1. What beautiful stitching Edgar. Any chance you want to clean my kitchen?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, you stitch fast. And it's just beautiful too. You can have a go at my kitchen too, and I'll put the TV right in there for you, (LOL).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Le Jardin is coming along really nicely! So fast! Hope you have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Le Jardin is just beautiful. I enjoy seeing the progress you make on it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Le Jardin is very beautiful. I am enjoying your progress on this one.

    Sounds like a fun movie night minus the cleaning ;)
    Natasha

    ReplyDelete
  6. Edgar,

    Your making quick progress on your Le Jardin. I'm glad that you're enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is beautiful. I love the warm colours of the fabric and thread.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Le Jardin is gorgeous. Ihave some new stitchy stuff to post as well as some stash to share, but oh...to find the time to do such a thing as update the blog. Maybe this weekend. You are so loyal with your updates. I'm jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Edgar, Le Jardin is gorgeous! I mayhave to scare up a copy of that magazine and add the pattern to my 'to be stiched sooner rather than later' list! I love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Le Jardin is just beautiful! It's so tempting to put it on my to-stitch list!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What great colors! You totally did the right thing by switching them out.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's looking beautiful, Edgar! Ahh...A Star is Born. One of my all time favorites. I'm sorry I missed this one. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Le Jardin is looking wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Edgar, I got my Valentines exchange from you! Posted on the HOE blog with a big thank you, it is a beautiful piece. I have done a few Goode huswife pieces, but never saw that one.

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your stitching is so beautiful.

    Given your love of movies I thought of you when I read this post (http://atthehoneysuckletree.blogspot.com/2009/01/remembering-cary-grant-18-january.html)
    I didnt see her link in your blogroll so perhaps you have not read it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lets try that again

    At the Honeysuckle tree
    http://atthehoneysuckletree.blogspot.com/2009/01/remembering-cary-grant-18-january.html

    http://atthehoneysuckletree.blogspot.com
    /2009/01
    /remembering-cary-grant-18-january.html

    ReplyDelete
  17. Edgar your stitching is beautiful! (I am still displaying the wonderful pinkeep you stitched for me :-)

    Vee (brokenneedle)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Le Jardin is gorgeous! And I love your new profile pic. Everyone is so cute!

    ReplyDelete

“In every end, there is also a beginning.”

 Gentle Friends, I finished the sampler last night and here's a snaperooo... Village Square Sampler from Samplers Remembered   1/8 - 3/2...