Thursday, February 5, 2009

Exchange and a Swap arrive & Musical Movies

I heard from Karen that the Winter House exchange I sent has arrived - and that everything made it. Here is a snap of the package that I sent -

The Pyn Keepe I made combines two patterns - an LHN border and the center part from PS. I really liked the way it turned out and so did Karen - I was getting worried as it took this about 3 weeks to arrive - and me being such a worry wart I started to get nervous at about a week - but it got there safe and sound!! It was the last Exchange from the SBEBB and what a super place that was to make great stitchy friends and exchange some really wonderful stitched things!! Thank you again Becky!!!! Last night I worked on an exchange - stitching is done and now all I have to do is the construction of the piece and getting it out next Tuesday.

I also received and package from a swap I did on Swap Bot - called "Home Grown Swap" basically it was to send something from your home town that is made in that town. My package was some really wonderful chocolates from Joseph Schmidt made right here in SF. The package I got was from Philadelphia - and included some apple butter - (which I just adore!!!!!!) an free trade espresso bar of chocolate and some "Peanut Chews" I had never heard of.


Let me say here and now - these are the bomb!!!! If you like peanuts and chocolate and chewy - you will just love these things. My partner says that they are unknown outside of SE PA. So it would be a regional delicacy - just super good!!!!

Last night it was Bio-pic night on TCM and they showed some whoppers!! Starting off the evening with "Night and Day" - 1946 - starring Cary Grant and Alexis Smith. This is the very fictionalized story of Cole Porters life - but like with most of these bio-pic movies the are pretty far fetched stories but the music is just great!! This was followed by "Rhapsody in Blue" - 1945 starring Robert Alda, Joan Leslie and once again Alexis Smith. This flick at least had some kernels of truth but was once again a fictionalized story this time about Grorge Gershwin. The next on the bill was "Three Little Words" -1950 - starring Fred Astaire, Red Skelton, Vera Ellen and Arlene Dahl at her stunning best!!! This flick was about the songwriting partnership of Kalmar and Ruby - wonderful songs and all three pictures were fun and very watchable!!

Thanks for stopping by!!!

Take care,
edgar

9 comments:

  1. I just love your little Pyn Keepe!
    It is just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely LOVE that pynkeepe :)
    And since I'm trying to be a good girl and haven't had any sweets...those peanut, chocolate, chewy love bars that you got shown...well I almost could take a bite outta this screen...but I won't and just go eat an apple and pretend it's a peanut love bar. Ho hum...

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I moved to Atlantic City everybody that I met said "Have you had a cheesesteak from the White House yet? Have you had a Goldenburg's Peanut Chew?" I thought they were a little nuts until I tried both and then didn't stop eating either for six years. Damn, but I had just forgotten about these until I saw them on your blog....woo hoo for you! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pinkeep is beautiful. I love the cardinal. I also love chocolate, peanuts, and apple butter...but not all at the same time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Pyn Keepe is beautiful. Lovely finishing job.
    You must be the original chocoholic!!!! I am glad that you enjoyed your little treat. what a great idea for an exchange.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG! What goodies you sent and received! I just love Peanut Chews...they're also well known down here in the Baltimore region...on the supermarket candy shelves all the time. Have A Wonderful Day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your pinkeep is great. I love the PS and LHN combo. What a great hometown exchange you received. I've been enjoying some of the same movies on TCM. I just love that channel. Nothing better than an old movie.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a great pinkeep that you created from PS and LHN, super idea! It just looks gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is a great pyn keepe! You did a wonderful job.

    ReplyDelete

“In every end, there is also a beginning.”

 Gentle Friends, I finished the sampler last night and here's a snaperooo... Village Square Sampler from Samplers Remembered   1/8 - 3/2...