Friday, June 19, 2009

PIF's and other things

Everything is ready for the post - all wrapped up and boxed - which is great except that I left my "BSB" book with the address' and the labels I made yesterday sitting on the dinning room table at home!!!! Jeez could I be more of a ding!!!! Now they will have to sit ready but label less until next Tuesday when I get to the post!! Part of what I had gotten ready where my 3 PIF's - Last September I joined Su in a PIF and since I had 365 days to get it together I of course waited and now that I have them ready to go they are held up a few more days.


Here is a snap of them last night wrapped up!!

Oh well - these three and two exchanges will have to wait a couple of more days - I am not out of time yet, but one of the exchanges has quite a way to go and I didn't want to get to close to the mailing time before I got it in the mail.

The stitching last night was focused on Christmas prezzies - sorry no snaps of that - yet. I did want to thank you all for the nice things you had to say about the mystery sampler - It is a great stitch and some really wonderful floss colour choices. I do agree about the most current LF - I think it is the colour that is not working for me - we'll just have to see when it arrives - I got to thinking about that and it might look better in some off blue or brown shade - or maybe one of the new "BE" colours that Vicki over at HDF has been working on might be nice.

The flicker from last night was "Hildegard" - 1994 - starring Patricia Routledge - the film is not listed on her page in IMBD, nor is it listed for any of the actresses in the film and I do not know why as it was good film that I enjoyed. It is short at just under an hour. Hildegard of Bingen was a 12th century abbess, visionary, naturalist, playwright and composer, just a remarkable woman of the Middle Ages. The film deals with her legacy comprising some of the most radiant accounts of religious experience ever. Yet, despite her faith, Hildegard's visions were questioned, and she was put on trial by the Church in 1148. This dramatization of the nun's life paints an inspiring picture of a courageous woman touched by God.

Thank you again for stopping by and your comments!! Have a great weekend -

Take care,
edgar

7 comments:

  1. What lovely little gifts all wrapped up and ready to go! They look like patient little presents :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way you have wrapped them up and wish you would have joined my PIF or I would have joined yours so that I too could have had one of your beautifully wrapped parcels. Next time. Lots of Love Patti xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Mr. Edgar for visiting my blog ;) I likey your puppies :o)
    My Mommy has shown us before pictures of your puppies. I've got you in my google reader and I'm going to visit you again real soon.
    HUGS,
    Katie P.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Edgar thank you for adding my frined and her family to your prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh what a tease you are!! All those lovely gifts so beautifully wrapped and no mailing! I am sure the lucky recipients will be thrilled.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait to see what you've made them! :) You always do such nifty little gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Hildegarde Von Bingen's music. I have 2 cds and they are great !
    I didn't knew there was a movie about hem.

    ReplyDelete

“In every end, there is also a beginning.”

 Gentle Friends, I finished the sampler last night and here's a snaperooo... Village Square Sampler from Samplers Remembered   1/8 - 3/2...