Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Christmas Arrives and the Pidglettes

Woo Hoo - it is Wednesday - and you know what that means - that only one more day until the big three day weekend. I just can't wait! Not that there are any big plans - except for the usual - NBS - (Numb Butt Syndrome) can't wait for that to set in. On the fourth we will watch the fireworks from our apartment since our view is very good - all the way to the Bay and the City always does such a nice job. I often wonder what it would be like to be on the Bay Bridge while the fireworks are shooting off - now that would be a great view since it looks like they are exploding very close to the bridge.

I got a lovely email letting me know that Sadie received the "Christmas in July" exchange I sent. This was a super exchange that Jill arranged on the HOE Blog. Here is a snap of the stitched piece I sent -


and the entire package of Christmas Goodies -

This piece is from Homespun Elegance and is called "Joy to All." It was a really fun exchange and you know me I love Christmas!!

Yesterday the Mama Pidge was off again and I got to thinking that those pidgelettes seem to be getting really big - what do you think?

- and it is getting very "pooey" around the nest and the box.

Thanks for stopping by!

Take care -
edgar

12 comments:

  1. Love the Christmas stitchy exchange! Lucky Sadie :)

    Looks like the pidglettes are about ready to fly the coop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Edgar you always put togeter such great packages!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Christmas Exchange looks great! Sounds like you will have a great view for the fireworks - got some suggestions from Valerie of places to sit and watch just incase we decide to come into the city and view the spectacle - as it sounds like it is something that we should see!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful Christmas pinkeep! You'd be getting me in the mood if it wasn't almost the 4th of July.

    It's so weird that those pidgeletts are born with adult size beaks! Do you know if all birds are born that way?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Many many years ago we had pidgeons on our balcony and their babies flew off. Yes it was a mess. It was cute for awhile but guess what - they come back! Then we had to discourage them. I won't go into details but it took awhile!

    Lovely stitching and great packages, as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your Christmas exchange! Unfortunately, where there are pigeons,there is poop! Better to look up and out for the fireworks and down at pidge poo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful Christmas Exchange. Once again the pidgelettes, not so much. Poor little guys. I think it's the beaks that make them look a bit like baby Vultures rather then pigeons.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great package. Love the pyn keepe! Have a great 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Somehow, they look cuter to me this time...maybe it's how they are all packed in like enchiladas in a pan...

    I love the "sproingy" reindeer in that pyn keepe--reminds me of a dog!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just had to tell you how much I'm enjoying the chickie updates. Poo? OMG one year, we had Barn Swallows nesting in the porch right outside our back door. Holy cow, the poo they created. Next year, I placed a rubber snake there to dissuade them from nesting again.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you Edgar, I love everything you sent me. The pyn keepe is so beautiful.
    The pidglettes are giving me nightmares! They sure do have faces that only a mother could love!
    Enjoy the fireworks and your looooooong weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a gorgeous exchange that you sent, beautiful work!!! Those piglets do look rather large! Hope you have a great three day weekend!

    Cindy Mae
    Shop is now open: www.cindymaedesigns.com

    ReplyDelete

“In every end, there is also a beginning.”

 Gentle Friends, I finished the sampler last night and here's a snaperooo... Village Square Sampler from Samplers Remembered   1/8 - 3/2...