Friday, September 11, 2009

What to do when it gets warm in SF

GR&DF yesterday we had another sweltering day in the low 80's - so that prompted us to make a detour on the way home and head on over Mitchell's for some high fat deliciousness!!!!! The flavour we picked was....

White Pistachio - and is it ever the taste treat of the moment!! Not only is the ice cream super creamy but with all the pistachio nuts you get a crunch fest in every bite!!! You know I am kidding about the weather - for the few warm/hot days we get the majority of the time it is cool and wonderful. I heard on the news this morning that today will be another scorcher - anywhere from 80 to 90 degrees depending on where you are in the city, but like last evening it cooled off really quickly. Then this Sunday they are predicting rain - and it is way too early for the rainy days to begin!!

I did want to thank you for the kind comments about Blogging - I am in total agreement - this should be treated as online journalling for the writer and the friends that read them.

I have been working on some exchange pieces this past week and not making too much headway on them - I have also picked up an olde but goodie WIP/UFO that I have been trying to put a few pieces of floss in every night - no snaps - but it is coming along.

Has everyone been following the Christmas at Hawk Run Hollow Block postings that are going on over at Karen's Blog - I am just quivering in anticipation over this sucker!!!! When block nine posted yesterday I just about lost it - I love that block and I love that barn Block.... The only questionable one is Block 8 - the Carolers. I don't know what to think as IMHO it does not seem to go or fit with the other Blocks. Oh well - it may fall into place for me once I see the entire piece.

Tomorrow is the big Yard/Garage Sale over at Dale's - we at dragging over most of the stuff tonight so that it will be waiting there in the morning. It will be one long day I think!! I am just looking forward to getting rid of a ton of stuff and having a few extras bucks in my pocket!!

That's about all Sports Fans!! Have a Great Weekend!! I did want to say a big Welcome to the new readers and commenter's - I do appreciate the time a trouble it takes to comment.
Thank you one and all!!!!

Take care,
edgar

24 comments:

  1. Edgar here's wishing you a great garage sale and that your pockets will be overflowing with $$. Looking forward to hearing all about it. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I've been following Karen's blog and I agree...I don't particularly care for the Carolers. I can't put my finger on what it is exactly that I don't like, but it seems to be too much Carolers and no other motifs. Know what I mean? The blocks that I like are: 1, 3, 4, and 5. Will they be available individually, do you think???

    YUM...Mitchell's ice cream!! That falls in the same category as See's candy!!

    Have a great sale tomorrow and a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have fun this weekend and I hope you make lots of moola at the sale!That icecream looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Edgar, garage sales are on my list just under chocolate and right above the thrift store! Have a blast collecting the green! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i totally agree with you about blogging, if you don't like it, don't read it. no issues. LOL

    Ok, so i just went out lookedat Hawk Run Christmas. i love all the squares except for the carolers as well. they are kinda creey looking to me. maybe its just their eyes and if they were changed a bit, not sure. but i do like the rest.

    good luck with the yard sale!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Edgar, I agree with you about the Hawk Run carollers. I didn't know Hawk Run existed till I entered the blog world but would love to stitch the Christmas one. Have a fun weekend at the sale!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mmmmm, I love pistachio ice cream!! You're making me want some. :( I agree about the carolers on the Christmas HRH piece too. They don't quite work for me. But I'm hoping they'll look good overall -- caroling is one of the fond memories I have of living in our neighborhood so it would be fun to have them in my piece. I just love the block 9 and the barn one too. Sigh. Good luck with the garage sale! Hope you sell everything and get lots of money.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Edgar,
    Have fun with the yard sale and get rich so that you can go and buy more stuff at other people's yard sales and on and on...

    Yes, I have been following the Hawk Run blocks and I am drooling also. I think that there's something about the size of the carolers that makes them not seem to "fit", but I'm not sure. I do like the block, but just not with the others. We'll have to see. Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We've got some pistachio ice cream here, too--but I doubt it holds a candle to that specialty type!

    Good luck (and good weather) to you in tomorrow's sale.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That ice-cream looks delicious. I love white ice-cream, I love nuts so I am sure I would enjoy it!

    Good luck for your garage/yard sale - I wish I could call round and rummage through your stock! And, of course, I'd get to meet you boys too!

    Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Have a great weekend. Wishing you wonderful luck at your garage sale.

    ReplyDelete
  12. have a great weekend! And the ice cream looks yumm-o! I hope you make lots of $$ and can buy more fabric or whatever!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the new HRH piece, it's awesome!

    I always look forward to your Monday posts where you show what you've scored at yard sales, etc. and what you all did over the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Edgar, I'm a relatively new reader and I love your blog, but for the sake of those of us who are roasting down to the south, please stop griping about those blistering 82 degree days!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good luck on the yard sale! I still love to go to them but I don't have them anymore. I just love love love the new Hawk Run piece! I am in turmoil over whether to order it immediately or not!

    Eat some of the yummy ice cream for me as I am on a special diet until after my surgery!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your sweltering in the low 80's made me laugh! Living in Memphis, the low 80's means it is autumn! People come out of their air-conditioned homes to enjoy the weather and swat misquitoes! Hope your sale is grand.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Edgar! Growing up in SF I can remember being told that if it reached 80 or higher, we would be sent home because it was too much of a heat wave! Ha! Now living in Virginia Beach, 80 is so so nice...
    Best wishes for a successful sale! More stash $$.

    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh, what I wouldn't give for a pint of that ice cream right now!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hope the sale goes great!!! That ice cream looks wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. moocho moola will hit your pockets from the garage sale I am sure!!! Now, about that sweltering heat...come on down to the sunny HUMID Carolinas!~ LOL Have a good one my friend~

    ReplyDelete
  21. Best of luck with that garage sale!! I love reading blogs. I live across Puget sound from Seattle and the closest shop is Tacoma! Only one shop in Issaquah which means a $30 ferry ride! What would I do without blogs for ideas!!! Yours is one of my favorites!!
    ps. If you ever get to Seattle, really Bainbridge Island, try Mora ice cream. It was hot yesterday and I had it for dinner. Barb

    ReplyDelete
  22. Yummy scrum ice cream. Looks lovely. Can't wait to see the whole of the CaHRH piece. I agree with your sentiment re blogging entirely. We have a wonderful little (or extremely huge) community out here in blogland and I can't believe anyone would criticise it. However, maybe they have just been hurt or something and just can't get over it. Heck, haven't we all? Seriously though, I love this crazy blogging thing and all the people who subscribe to it. x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Enjoy your blog..you write very well. I'm a fan of all of the Hawk Run Hollow designs..if I were creative enough, I might try to adapt one of her Quaker Stocking designs for that block..but..I can only follow instructions, not create. So I guess it will be the carolers for me. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  24. I'm iffy on the carolers block also. But hopefully it fits in with the overall piece.

    ReplyDelete

“In every end, there is also a beginning.”

 Gentle Friends, I finished the sampler last night and here's a snaperooo... Village Square Sampler from Samplers Remembered   1/8 - 3/2...