Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Back From Christmas Holiday

GR&DF I have returned to the world of blogging. I got back yesterday and started in on the bajillion emails - both the spam and real - and have finally finished going through all three email accounts. There was close to 1000 emails and only about 50 worth reading - what's up with that??

I have a bunch of snaps to show of my Holiday. I will spread them out over the next couple of days. For Christmas this year we all gathered at my sisters home in Vancouver, Washington. It was a great family gathering as always my DS and BIL gave us a super Christmas.

The first weekend I was up there we went out to a great breakfast at the OPH - Original Pancake House - over in Portland before visiting Saturday Market.


I had a great waffle and sausage links and my sister had...


Which made a much more interesting snap. You know me - if it sits still longer than about a second I am going to take a picture of it!! On her plate is a Denver Omelet and a short stack. If you look closely you can see a gorgeous brown sweater she is wearing that she made.

Then it was on to Saturday Market - as you can see from the first snap it was rainy and very overcast - but it is the Northwest and there was some beautiful sky's brewing that morning.

Saturday Market is basically lots of local talented artists and crafters selling what they have made. If you are ever in the Portland area I would highly suggest a visit - its free and lots of fun.

The Market from a distance...


and a rainy snap of the front of the Market -


- an arcade of metal leftover from a 19th century building that once was here -


The Market is under the west end of the Burnside Bridge - 1926 -
that crosses the Willamette River -


- the "Made in Oregon" sign.... a symbol of the city -



- looking across the Willamette River - with a great cloud ceiling -


-this is a park that sits next to the Market and runs along the river
- although it looks like dusk it was actually late morning -


- a snap of the Salvation Army Building with lots of birds perching -

I did want to thank you all for the kind Christmas Wishes!!
They were great to read and made me feel all warm and fuzzy!!!

Thanks for stopping by.
Take care,
edgar

23 comments:

  1. Glad you're back!! I missed having my morning coffee with you :)

    I'm so glad you had a great time at your sister's. It always goes by so fast. I'm looking forward to more pics. We have friends that live in White Salmon, WA and relatives in Bend, OR and we're planning on going up there this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post Edgar! Glad to 'see' you back! I love pic of the building remnants and the one of the Salvation Army building! The pic of your sister's breakfast reminds me that I haven't eaten yet! I'm glad you had a fun trip and look forward to seeing more pics this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful trip! I have a cousin that lives in Vancouver WA. It is a really fun place to visit.
    I'm glad you had a great Christmas. It's nice to have you back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing the photos. Even though it was overcast it looks like the market still was loads of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Miss you Edgar !!! I see by your sister's sweater, that talent runs in your family!!! Great Pictures !!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome back!!Oh I wish we had a market like that here in Dallas. Vancouver is one of my favorite places to visit. We almost moved there. Even with the rain it looked like a fun trip.
    Loved seeing the pics.
    Shay

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to see you back, I so enjoy your posts and great photography, even if it is of breakfast.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome back, and great snaps! I mentioned it on my blog, but I have to tell you I got a Canon Powershot A1100 IS for Christmas and I love it. I have already taken some pics with it-pop by my blog when you have a minute and check it out. :) Sounds like you had a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Welcome back! Great photos. Gald you had a wonderful Christmas with your family. Look forward to seeing the rest of your snaps.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad you are back and had a wonderful holiday! I did miss your daily posts and kept watching for your return! All the pictures were wonderful and the breakfast even made me hungry.

    Welcome home, dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Welcome back Edgar! I'm glad you had such a nice Christmas. Your photos were enjoyable to look at, your sister's sweater is pretty, and she must be very talented, and the breakfast looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I always love looking at your snappy snaps :)
    Looks like a wonderful holiday! :)
    Your sister's sweater is spectacular! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks like you had a great time. All the best Edgar. x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Welcome back, Edgar! I missed your posts as well, even if I don't get to respond to them as often as I wish to do lately. I love your pictures. Thanks for sharing them with us.
    Hugs!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Edgar, Glad to see you back and happy that you had a great holiday! I loved the shots of the Portland market. I was there last Aug. when we visited Portland. What a super market! The weather reminded me of home( Seattle) It gets dark so early-around 4:30! Have a very Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Glad your back! It would seem that despite the grey weather you had a wonderful time! As always, your pictures are fantastic! Can't wait to see more of your holiday....

    ReplyDelete
  17. At last you are back! I have missed you! I hope you will show us closer picks of craft kiosks and all the things you visited and saw! Isn't it a real mess when you return and there are tons of e-mail?I hate it but it was good you were off the computer for a while!Looking forward to be reading you the next days!Ariadne from Greece!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Okay the pancakes just did it. I'm on a BIG diet and I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE Yankee pancakes with maple syrup. Guess before I go back on my huge DIET on January 1, 2010 I am going to have to make myself French Toast with Maple Syrup. Thanks for that and I am so glad to see you back. Happy you had such a great time at your sisters' house.
    Lots of Love
    Patti xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Welcome home Edgar!!! Happy New Year to you and yours...Faye

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm happy you had a great holiday with your sister. That was one pretty mean looking omlet. I know John would be drooling. hahaha
    Glad to see you back!
    Hugs,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  21. What lovely pictures! I'm looking forward to seeing more. The Northwest part of the country is one of the few areas of the US I haven't visited, and I so want to go! Looks so beautiful from your pics. Glad you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Glad you're back Edgar!!! I so missed reading you everyday. I have a cousin (Paul) that lives in Washougal, Wa. just outside of Vancover.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Welcome home. Sounds like you had a wonderful time with your sister and family. Did you purchase anything at the Market? Loved the pics - the breakfast looked yummy!

    ReplyDelete

“In every end, there is also a beginning.”

 Gentle Friends, I finished the sampler last night and here's a snaperooo... Village Square Sampler from Samplers Remembered   1/8 - 3/2...