Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Gigi Posting

GR&DF here we are looking out for the weekend - or at least I am. I can not wait for it to get here!! Not that there are any plans other than the usual loose ones - I am just ready to have a day or so off.

Last night I was busily working away at an exchange so no snap of that piece. I also rummaged about and pulled together the last of the stuff for the Trade Blog. I will get that posted tomorrow as I forgot the camera and list at home.

Last night was a nice evening of movie watching with "Gigi" - 1958 - watching this film for the umpteenth time I got to thinking that it is almost too pretty for its own good. Such a lush film - with Vincente Minnelli Directing you feel his touch and that every little shot is a vignette of loveliness.

Here are some shots from the film - Leslie Caron in the white gown with bird accents - I love this quote of Gigi's - "One must not read novels they only depress you, one must not wear powder it spoils the complexion, one must not wear a corset it spoils the figure." - words to live by!!

There you go sports fans - Thank you for stopping by and for your kind comments!

Take care,
edgar

8 comments:

  1. What a coincidence! Maybe my subconscious knew you were watching Gigi. Yesterday "Thank Heaven for Little Girls" was stuck in my head. And I thought of Gigi. Pretty weird! I love that movie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Minnelli really was a genius; I've not seen many of his films but the wonderfulness of Meet Me in St. Louis is probably almost all to his credit. :)

    I'm ready for the weekend, too! But, ugh, we have a "wedding reception" (for a wedding that took place in December in Hawaii). Ugh. What to wear!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am with you on wanting a day off and work is not all that bad. I hope Friday gets here quickly for all of our sake!! Happy stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I Love "Gigi". I'd love to "see" those dresses up close and personal - I probably wouldn't fit into them - but I'd still love to look!! You're right - Mr. Minelli was quite the artist - using his films as his choice of palette.
    Leslie Caron had quite a range of movies also -
    Anyway, can't wait to see a pic of your exchange - I'm sure it will be lovely! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. With a figure like that, of course she didn't need to wear a corset!!! I've never seen GiGi but I will now. Thanks, Edgar!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad that you are feeling better and yes, Gigi is a wonderful film, and I'll take Leslie Caron's figure any day.

    Roberta who is now home sick!! is there such athing as cyber passing sickness!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Edgar, I have *always* loved Gigi, and it's been far too long since I watched it. Thanks for the reminder! :)

    ReplyDelete

“In every end, there is also a beginning.”

 Gentle Friends, I finished the sampler last night and here's a snaperooo... Village Square Sampler from Samplers Remembered   1/8 - 3/2...