Monday, March 22, 2010

A Busy weekend and a Basket Arrives!!

GR&DF - well the weekend is over and I am still worn out. The party went on until way after 1 am - and then after everyone finally left I was still up later than that getting things cleaned up or at least washed out - I can not stand walking into a total mess and so I try and get some of the cleaning done before dragging myself off to bed. We were really busy all day with a run to the store, and a run downtown to the Flower Market - I forgot my camera which sucks because this place is just lovely - We usually make a run to the FM before a party as you can get very fresh flowers and the assortment is huge! I did get a snap of Rico putting together on of the arrangements -

.... and this was the only snap I got all day!! and evening!! I just got wrapped up in pulling it all together and forgot to take any pictures. My job for all our parties is to keep the table filled and make sure the auxiliary tables are also kept up. Rico is in charge of the liquor. We served quite a few things - main table - cheese platter with 5 different types of cheese, spinach dip, taquitos, two kinds of miniature quiche - Florentine and Lorraine, crab cakes, ham puffs, veggie and fruit trays and miniature egg rolls. Set up out on another table was a big bowl of Guacamole and bowl of salsa with white and yellow corns chips. On a further table was a big bowl of cashews. It was a lot of fun but also a ton of work that I paid for yesterday. After getting the house back together and cleaned up I just sat around being a big lazy lump recuperating for most of the afternoon and evening.

I saw on Tracy's blog that the exchange I sent had arrived. This exchange is a small group of us that are exchanging for different Holidays - this was an Easter Exchange and when I signed up I knew exactly what I wanted to make - some sort of Easter Basket - and spent weeks looking for the right kind of basket to use. Here is a snap of the piece I made...

This great older Longaberger hanging basket turned up at an Estate sale and worked out perfectly for this exchange. I stitched a pyn keepe from the PS Book April using the recommended DMC Floss. I filled the basket with some Easter treats. And here is a snap of the whole exchange I sent...


There you go sports fans. Thanks for stopping by - do come again!!

Take care,
edgar

27 comments:

  1. What a beautiful easter basket you created! I love your idea. The flower arrangement is so pretty, love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Believe it or not but I started that wee charmer from PS's April Fri. nite. What a cutie and you did yours so very nicely! Maria S.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh!! The basket itself is wonderful--a Longaberger--wow. The arrangement that you did, and the beautiful stitching, is just incredible. Great exchange!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous exchange. And just [perfect for Easter. heck for anytime. I love the idea of attaching the stitched piece like that. Perfect choice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow that basket is terrific! You do such lovely stitching!

    The flower aggangement looks beautiful I am glad your party was a hit and hopefully you are recharged soon.
    Take Care

    ReplyDelete
  6. The flower arrangement is gorgeous! Love the Easter basket.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay, if I lived closer, I'd hire you two to throw a party for me!! The food sounded delicious and the flower arrangement is beautiful!!

    The Easter basket is one beauty of an exchange! Anyone would be thrilled to get an exchange like that!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous exchange! What a creative idea. And beautiful flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad to hear your party was a hit! Love the easter basket exchange as well...what a clever idea!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The flowers are lovely! I knew the moment I saw the basket that it had to be a Longaburger! I had someone tell me once that they were way overpriced, but my grandfather used to make them for a living and there's a lot of work that go into them. I think what you did with it is really great! Thanks for giving us all a graet idea for one. I know what you mean about forgeting to take pictures. One wouldn't think so when you're so good with them and take so many but hey, it happens! Glad you all had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great gift basket!

    Glad your party was a success.

    Happy Spring Stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are such a generous person and a gifted stitcher...what a luck exchange recipient! Love the pynkeep, and the Longaberger basket was a great addition.

    Sounds's like the party was a blast as well...the flowers are beautiful and a wonderful sign that Spring has sprung!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lucky Tracy to receive such a beautiful Easter basket!

    Rico is a dab hand at flower arranging - those flowers look perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, late party! I'm like you -- I need to clean up now so I don't have to face it later. Makes for a long night!

    I just love the exchange you sent! OMG! How wonderful! Love the piece you stitched, and the basket, and everything! Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the flowers Edgar! Awesome spring colors! How come I can't never find a longaberger basket at a estate sale? (john says I have way too many as it is! haha)
    Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sounds like and exhausting weekend Edgar. The basket you put together for Tracey is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my gosh, Edgar, the exchange you sent is just incredible!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the flowers and design that Rico was putting together, wish I was a friend living in SF, the food for you party sounds delish!!

    The Easter basket was delightful, just love the basket you found!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. The Easter exchange gift you made is incredible! Lucky Tracey!

    The flower arrangement you shared is gorgeous, and it sounds like you had a very nice party!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sounds like a great party with yummy food. Good job, Rico-the flowers look beautiful, especially those irises. Your exchange is terrific too! What a nice idea!NancyD.

    ReplyDelete
  21. lovely gift basket and stitch...

    the party sounds like it was a treat to attend

    "Wow" to the flowers and the arranging.....

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a stunner of an exchange! I exclaimed aloud when I saw it not only because of its beauty, but also because of the Longaberger. It has been my hope all along to fashion Fox Forest into a basket lid (with hinges, perhaps?)--preferably onto a Longaberger. My mom had a few as I was growing up.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh, yes; all that food sounds to die for! I was so hungry after reading it this morning. :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh Edgar that is a beautiful, wonderful exchange! LOVE it so very ingenious too!
    AND what a beautiful arrangement Rico is doing...lovely!
    AND can I come to one of your parties, I'd help with the tables....at least cleaning them up of all the food! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a great way to compliment the basket! A beautiful exchange!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Tracy is one lucky girl! You did an awesome job on this.

    ReplyDelete

“In every end, there is also a beginning.”

 Gentle Friends, I finished the sampler last night and here's a snaperooo... Village Square Sampler from Samplers Remembered   1/8 - 3/2...