Friday, April 9, 2010

A Longish Post - with Lots of Snaps....

GR&DF thank you so much for your warm words in yesterday's comments - they made my Friday morning!! Yes, Donna - I couldn't resist and I have picked up the Jenny Bean chart. I love those things, but when will I get to stitching them!!.

I wanted to start off this post with an exchange piece I received. Over on the HOE I had a wintery House themed exchange and my partner, Patti, sent me a wonderful piece. I opened the mailing box and inside was this darling little wrapped box.....

even the Peach was interested....

The who-hounds think that if it is in their territory that it needs investigating
- as it could be a snack or something!!

I opened it up and inside was this lovely .....

Little Pyn Pillow - isn't it sweet!! Beautifully stitched and wonderfully finished by Deb. Thank you so much Patti - it is up on my exchange shelves with all my other lovely exchange pieces!! Talking about my shelves - I have had quite a few comments about all my pretties and how beautiful they are!!
............

Now, for some more from my time away from Blogging and work (notice the order of those two bits of my life!!)

On Saturday, Rico's Mom, niece, great-niece and the two of us went over to his aunts in Pittsburg, CA - the north Bay. But, before we went we ran to Dianda's to pick up a cake to take - and what we took was a St Honore Cake - Here is a snap of the one we took -

and here are some more bakery snaps.....

Don't you just love a good cannoli!!

- or a creamy Napoleon!!

Here is the last one of the these - for today - some Easter cookies and beautiful pastries!!

From Dianda's we ran to the Flower market to get an orchid to take.
Here are some beautiful orchids that were there to choose from....



We ended up getting a big yellowish/green one. This shop specializes in orchids and since I have less than a clue as to what I was looking at - I differed to Rico as the orchid expert and what we picked out.

Another adventure I went on was to take a visit to the de Young Museum. There is a temporary show of Amish Quilts I wanted to see and so I pulled it together to haul my cookies on over to Golden Gate Park for a visit. The exhibit was just lovely and I couldn't take any pictures but I did a search and you can click HERE to see some of the collection that was on view. They were really beautiful and I do love a beautiful quilt!! I also walked around the museum to see some of the American furniture I love and got a couple of snaps...



I always love looking at beautiful furniture and could make room in a NY min for that block front chest on the right!! While walking through the galleries I came across and old friend - this beautiful painting....

I love Martin Johnson Heade's work and have seem many of them in lots of places.
I walked back through the Park and got these snaps of the lovely day it was...


Both of these were near the Japanese Tea Garden. I was going to visit the Tea Garden but it was just overwhelmed with crowds and that sort of takes away from the serenity of the place.
Then I walked through the Botanical Gardens and got this snap...

I really enjoy walking through the Botanical Gardens - they are just wonderful and I love the open grassy expanses.

I will leave off this long post with a snap of a little stash I got yesterday
- some great OOP repro sampler charts...


There you go sports fans. Thanks you once again for stopping by and for your kind comments!! Have a great weekend and do come again!

Take care,
edgar

12 comments:

  1. Okay, your killing me with with the bakery snaps!!! And those orchids - beautiful!!

    What a lovely day you had - visiting the museum and walking through the park!

    Thanks, as always, for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed your longish post -- what fun to see the museum and park! Lovely exchange from Patti too! And that bakery! I want some! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Edgar I am so happy you like what I stitched and Deb finished for you. The cakes are killing me especially the St. Honore one - it looks to die for. Glad you had such a lovely day.
    Lots of Love
    Patti xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely exchange with Deb - such a pretty pin pillow. Love all the pictures - I like to look at the cakes - there's no calories with just looking!
    Have a lovely weekend

    ReplyDelete
  5. Edgar, thank you for these lovely photos. They are breathtaking and were a wonderful break in my morning.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a coincidenc! My son brougt me an orchd on Easter Suday, yellow with a pink middle. I love them.I wish he would have brought that St. Honore cake also.

    I received a lecture today from DH on Robert Taylor whose contract was for 7 years at something like $38 a week or something. I tune out on old actors sometimes unless I like them!!! I also envy your beautiful museum and botannical garden visits. Mrry in TN

    ReplyDelete
  7. A gorgeous exchange piece!

    The sweets look delicious, and the flowers are just beautiful! Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the exchange piece you received from Patti.

    Wish there was a wonderful bakery here, miss having a good bakery.

    The orchids are lovely and I love the snaps of the museum and the gardens - very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the box and bow of your exchange piece, simply stunning. I would never have dared open it! It would have sat on my shelf for years looking beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow what a post! I swear I could eat everything in that bakery. I live in PA very close to Amish country - love to see the beautiful workmanship in everything they do! Love to go to Intercourse, PA to see the quilts! They have a (commercilized) Kitchen Kettle Village there and quite a few Amish things - also a quilt museum.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh I haven't found ANYONE who makes cannoli, good or otherwise, since I moved up here 5 years ago. That photo! I can just taste them.
    Mmmm
    wonder how difficult they are to make?

    ReplyDelete

A Damp Weekend

 Gentle Friends, still stitching away on Sarah, and here's a snaperoo... ... I like all the little bits of "wonky" that are pa...