Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Hump Day is Upon Us

GR&DF thank you once again for stopping by - and I do want to extend my thanks to everyone for all the kind comments. They do brighten up the morning - and this morning it is a chilly 55 or so outside. I think the temps are going to reach a sweltering 70 or so here in the city. That's not very nice of me. - (hee, hee) as I know just over in the Valley it is up in the 100's+. I spoke with my Mom yesterday and it is a true "blast furnace warm" in Daytona hovering at the 105 mark - with the heat index and everything. She ran a couple or errands and then scooted back home to hide out inside in the cool air-conditioned house.

I was damn near giddy last night over the ATS chart and so I hauled out my floss stash to see what I would need to acquire so I could get started. Knowing there was quite a list of colours I thought I would have to break up and get them over time. Since I already have two other things lined up once I finished "The Garden Path" there really is no hurry at all. To my surprise I pulled two, three and sometime four skeins of the required floss colours and eventually had about 95% of the required floss - so the list I came up with to purchase was very small - woo-hoo!!. Now to decide on the linen - I am sure I will do it on 36ct.... but, a solid or a splotchy - such a dilemma.

The only stitching I did was a small amount on Garden Path - not snap worthy.

The flicker last night was "The Last September" - 1999 - starring Michael Gambon, Maggie Smith, Jane Birkin, Fiona Shaw and Keeley Hawes. This beautifully cinematic film was based on the book by Elizabeth Bowen. Set in 1920 County Cork Ireland - an aristocratic Anglo-Irish Family led by Gambon moves through their lives while all around them as the Irish War for Independence is going on around them. I really enjoyed this film just to see Maggie Smith and Michael Gambon is a pleasure. The faded glory and last gasping of wealth on the heals of WWI is interesting to see. Here is the trailer from the film -




I think that's about it for today - thanks for stopping by, do come again!

Take care,
edgar

5 comments:

  1. I finished and framed ATS.
    It was a fun stitch and a beautiful focal point.
    Good Luck and have fun with it

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you're enjoying ATS! Don't you love the thrill of kitting something up? I think you should start it today!
    hugs, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. How nice that you have most of the threads for ATS! That's a lot of fiber you need for that one. Thanks for recommending that movie. It's definitely going on the netflix queue for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have yet to start mine. I have it gridded and everything. I have so much stash it is getting ridiculous and still I want and buy more. When are you going to start it?
    Lots of Love
    Patti xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's 93 and storming over near Tampa. Maybe your mom needs to relocate to the gulf side, LOL!

    Congrats on not having a huge shopping list. That frees up some funds for other things.

    ReplyDelete

“In every end, there is also a beginning.”

 Gentle Friends, I finished the sampler last night and here's a snaperooo... Village Square Sampler from Samplers Remembered   1/8 - 3/2...