Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Wednesday Post

GR&DF thank you so much for the kind comments - they made the morning.

Nothing, and I mean nothing is really going on. Life just moves along with the day to day business we all seem to get caught up with. The Netflix last night was the second disc of "Edward the King" I talked about yesterday. Still very good and moving right along with his story. Last night the action moved into the period of the long wait with nothing to do - and Edward found himself turning from lady to lady for entertainment. One of the more important women in his life was the beautiful Lillie Langtry. In EtK she is payed by Francesca Annis who does a wonderful job. She reprised her role as "The Jersey Lilly" in 1978's "Lillie." "Lillie" is another top notch period TV mini series that is absolutely worth seeing!! Here is a great little YouTube tribute to Lillie....





In the stitching department I was focused on exchange stitching - so no snaps.

Looking forward to dinner tonight - going out for some Chinese at "Eric's." One of our favorite places - and I don't have to cook it or clean up after!! That's what I like about eating out!!

Thanks for stopping by! Do come again!

Take care,
edgar

8 comments:

  1. That's the best part of eating out! No cooking and no clean-up! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quite the coincidence. I just started a book about the 3 cousins, King George, Tsar Nicholas and Kaiser Wilhelm. It of course talks about Edward VII a bit. I think I need to get that series in my Netflix queue!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmmm, enjoy your Chinese ~ it's my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Omgosh, you had to mention Eric's and now I'm all drooling on my keyboard. I haven't been in years! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the Chinese food. I have always said any meal that I don't have to cook is a great meal!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lillie Langtry is on of my favorite historical ladies. Not a traditional "beauty" by today's standards, but she new how to work it, way ahead of her time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Eric's looks like a nice place to sit an enjoy a good meal.
    I was just saying to Masterchief this morning that I've been craving some pork and beans sprouts. I NEED to get myself to a Chinese place SOON!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Edgar, always love when you post about restaurants - I send the recommends onto my son who lives there.

    Your peach jam looks yummy and the Garden Path sampler is coming along nicely.

    ReplyDelete

“In every end, there is also a beginning.”

 Gentle Friends, I finished the sampler last night and here's a snaperooo... Village Square Sampler from Samplers Remembered   1/8 - 3/2...