Friday, February 25, 2011

A Wacky Wrap up

Gentle Readers and Dear Friends although it is cold, and rainy and windy - I do not think there is any snow in our future .  The temps are hovering in the low 50's which translates into wet without snow.  Although sad - it could be worse and this will blow out by the first part of next week.
__________

I do thank you for all the great comments for yesterdays post - and the Lolly also thanks you.  She is now asking about her royalties and says she is completely overworked as a world famous fashion model and underwear spokes-hound.  I think she has called an agent and there will be litigation in my near future - spoiled hound!!!
__________

In the comment from Alice she jogged a long ago memory and I had to find a clip.  She mentioned Penelope Pitstop a character on "The Wacky Races" - September 1968-January 1969 - a great Saturday Morning Cartoon from Hanna-Barbera,.  Although short lived I remember therm from the Saturday morning line up we watched as children and sitting in front of the TV eating cinnamon rolls or orange rolls hot from the oven that my Mom would make - a real weekend treat.  Here is the clip of the characters from the show....


I loved Mutley!!
___________

There you go a quiet type week and an eve quieter weekend.  We are having a small 2nd Birthday Party for Rico's niece on Sunday that should be fun.  I'll have some snaps on Monday.
__________
Remember Sunday night is the Oscars - I am sure I'll have something to say about that come Monday morning!!

There you go sports fans.  Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend!!

Take care,
edgar

13 comments:

  1. Hope you have a great weekend and find time to get a few stitches done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVED Wacky Races! :) Especially Penelope Pitstop and the Ant Hill Mob. Great memories :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to watch that too! Ant Hill Mob were great. Have a great weekend. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh what you reminded me of. I had forgotten all about that cartoon.We watched it on Saturday mornings too.It was the cartoon hour with Disney and Hana Barbera!Thank you for reminding me.AriadnefromGreece!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh Edgar! I had forgotten the name of this cartoon! My husband and I were trying to recall it a few months back! Yes! I remember that!

    Hope Rico had a nice birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG--My mother laughs JUST like Muttley. I'm a little younger than you; we watched Laff-a-lympics.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I thought of your underwear-snuggling dog this morning as I was sorting the laundry. As I tossed each sock/panty/bra into their pile, a small, pesky cat was there to catch each item and 'help' it into the pile. Snuggling would be so much nicer! ; )

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the clip Edgar... loved that show.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved that show! Dastardly and Muttley with that laugh! Thanks for the clip. Nancy D.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love love loved that show! I was a Penelope Pitstop girl myself. :) How about "The Banana Splits?"

    That Lolly is beyond sweet, Edgar. Pa and I oogled over her this morning, and laughed because our Teagan loves the warm towels right out of the dryer and somehow knows when it's towel time, she stands right next to me as I take the clothes out and will crawl right into the basket. Gotta love our babies.

    Have a great weekend...Perhaps you might share Rico's taco recipe? :)

    XOXO
    Ma

    ReplyDelete
  11. First SF snowfall since 1976! Hope you will post photos of the "snow much fun" you all and the hoo hounds are having :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I LOVED Mutley, too, especially his laugh! Thanks for the TV clip, and for the wonderful memories.

    ReplyDelete
  13. My children all loved to watch Wacky Races, Edgar and that was in the 80s! They also loved Mutley because they said he laughed like their Dad!!

    ReplyDelete

“In every end, there is also a beginning.”

 Gentle Friends, I finished the sampler last night and here's a snaperooo... Village Square Sampler from Samplers Remembered   1/8 - 3/2...