Friday, February 18, 2011

Wrapping up the Week

Gentle Readers and Dear Friends I do thank you so much for the great comments for yesterdays post.  I love to read about what other stitchers use to make the wonderful pieces we see out in Blogland.
__________

I posted the coffee cake recipe over at Blacksheep Bakes - it is super easy and comes together quickly from basic things in the kitchen.  I'm not sure what to make for Monday.......
__________

I heard from Sharlotte over at The Happy Needle that the package I sent had arrived.  If you cast your mind back to the Fall - I had a Gift-away and she was the winner.  Over the past few months I had two bad starts that just were not right - eventually I finally figured out what I wanted to stitch for this Gift-away.  I got the piece stitched and finished and gathered up some extra goodies and whoooosh off in the mail it went and has now arrived at its new home.  Here is a snap of the piece - 

I wanted to have a Sheep of some sort, but I just couldn't land on what my mind was wrapped around.  I found this in my "big file of loose charts"  - it was freebie from a few years ago - and if  I could have found the chart this morning I would be able to tell you from where - I will get that info up on Monday - I changed up the chart a bit to include our initials and the heart.  I like how it turned out - I lined the box with a nice red and black fabric.  Included in the package were some goodies and Sharlotte was happy  - so now all is right in our little world - I so enjoyed making and sending this off so much that I am in the mood to do another drawing at some point soon.......
__________

 As many of you may know I do not have a Facebook page - I can barely keep the tiny brain matter together enough to do my Blog - so I can assure you that there is no Facebook for me any time soon.  I may not have one but Rico does and he asked a question yesterday there that I thought was really interesting - and he got some odd and thought provoking answers.....  so with that in mind I am going to "borrow" the question to see what you all may have to say......  "If you were any kind of dessert in the world, what would that dessert be?"  I thought about it and for me I would have to be a Baked Apple .....


or some appley kind of thing - an Apple Grunt or Buckle or even an Apple Cobbler - they are so old fashioned and homey- the apple all sweet and delicious and warm - and with a scoop a vanilla ice cream a winner on any table!!  I also think it has to do with it being associated with the Fall, my favorite time of year.  Now, what dessert are You?????

There you go sports fans.  Thanks for stopping by - do come again!!

Take care,
edgar

25 comments:

  1. I love the little plaid sheep! He's so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute giveaway!

    I am a creme brulee! Small and sweet and rich (well, maybe not so much), creamy white with a perfect golden crust on the outside that you have to work just a little to break through.... and not a bit good for you.

    Hey, that was fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. German Chocolate Cake--because i am part German, I love love Chocolate and coconut, and I am very sweet! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your sheep finish, I just stitched the same pattern myself for a friend so I know it is a Casey Buonaugurio design.

    I don't do sweet (!) so I'd have to be a nice no nonsense piece of Stilton

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the sheep! Very pretty.

    I think I'd be a sticky toffee pudding: decadent and hard to get, and a bit messy, but worth the effort.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would like to be a lemon bar sweet but a little tart, thank-you for a great question.
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  7. Edgar the Sheep is adorable finding lost patterns is o rewarding I look at my loose patterns every once in a while and find something I really want to work on, love the baked apple picture.
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the sheep box! Great exchange! A baked apple, huh? Gosh, how does one decide what kind of dessert one is? By what the dessert makes one feel? By what is one's favorite dessert? I don't know that I can answer until I know. :D I have to think on this one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would be an eighteen scoop ice cream sundae with four toppings, seven kinds of candy, and enough whipped cream to float a boat....

    In other words, I seem like a good idea at the time, but after you're done with me you're left with nothing but regrets and a case of projectile upchuck.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely sheepie Box - lucky Sharlotte!

    Have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The sheep gift is so cute Edgar! I think I would be chocolate mousse served in a depression glass dish (because of my estate sale passion).

    Have a fantastic weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Edgar,

    That little ship is so adorable! I will be looking out for your next give-a-way, for sure!

    If I were a dessert, I would be some kind of Parfait...not that I'm light, just fluffy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good old Louisiana Bread Pudding with Rum Sauce.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love those warm desserts with ice cream on the side, drizzled with caramel but I'm really not that sort of dessert. :-) hmmmm....I'm pretty sure I'm Eton Mess.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the sheep box! The gingham look is adorable!

    I'd be a creme brulee - crusty and a little hard on the outside, but sweet, soft, and a bit gooey once you get through the shell.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the sheep box, Edgar! Very sweet!

    I'm with you on the appley desserts. I think I would be a warm bread pudding with chunks of apple baked in it and maybe a scoop of vanilla ice cream on the side.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I do adore my box so very very much and will treasure it always!

    If I were a dessert , what would I be? hmm.... probably pecan pie. An longtime and dear friend of mine says that I am sweet and a bit nutty! Wonder if that's why he chose to marry someone else? Ha-ha!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I would definitely be a napoleon. I start out very sweet on the outside, but can be a little crispy under the surface, but the finish is sweet and soft and creamy, so there you have it. Now suddenly I feel like dessert...Great little sheep, nice job of finishing.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ginger and walnut something warmed up and served with a sweet dark sticky sauce. A little bit of bite with a whole lot of what is good for you. If there is such a thing. Loved the sheep.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh my! I am in love with yur sheep finish! I am sure that Sharlotte is grinning from ear to ear!

    A dessert...hmmm...something homemade, with a pinch of this and that and a whole lot of love!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Would have to be pumpkin pie, my absolute favorite dessert.

    ReplyDelete
  22. The sheep box is darling - but then anything with sheep is darling - I am a sheepy type of gal.

    Give me a cookie, home made!!! with a tall ice cold glass of milk.

    My newest favorite needle is the Bohin 26 and 28. It is like butter slipping through the fabric.

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Happy Monday Edgar,
    I'd be a coconut meringue pie. unexpected, a bit nutty and not too bad for you.
    your lemon bars were fabulous and a hit with a french friend AND her mother who is a wonderful cook.
    aidan x

    ReplyDelete

“In every end, there is also a beginning.”

 Gentle Friends, I finished the sampler last night and here's a snaperooo... Village Square Sampler from Samplers Remembered   1/8 - 3/2...