Wednesday, September 19, 2012

A Short Hump Day Posting

Gentle Readers and Dear Friends thanks again for stopping by - I'm so glad you did!!

There's not been too much going on around the old hacienda lately.  I have been stitching a bit on ATS, nothing really big just a bit here and there.  I am getting the itch to start something new and really Hallowe'en and I've got it narrowed down to a few things....  just not sure which one to start, yet!!

If you've not seen the November Cottage over at CCN here's look....

(Picture of November Cottage from the CCN Website)
It is really charming and so Fallish - I'm salivating to get my greedy mits on it!!!  I am loving that turkey and all those acorns!!!  Bravo Nikki!!!!!!
_______________

My crazy Christmas Cactus is at it again...  all blooming and budding and it will be lovely for Hallowe'en, but probably not a bloom in sight at Christmas.....  here's a snap...

  

I guess it's the change in light that triggers this monster... my little red one is also blooming away.
____________

My HOE Hallowe'en Exchange got into the outgoing mail this morning so I'll be able to show a few snaps of that as soon as it arrives.  

That's about it for today sports fans.  Do drop by again!!

Take care,
edgar

16 comments:

  1. Love, the November cottage - Autumn colors are my favs! My Christmas cactus is budding but hasn't started blooming yet. It will probably be a Columbus Day cactus this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Edgar, I love your healthy looking Christmas Cactus, I must water mine to much or not enough since they die on me. Maybe now that I am in Florida I will have better luck.
    I am sure you will get your Nov. cottage soon and have it done in no time. It will look great with all the rest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Edgar,

    I just wanted to tell you how much I enjoy your blog. You are so inspirational to me. I love your Christmas cactus. I would love to have one,however, I think they may be poisonous to cats and I have a much cherished Maine Coon, however, I think he would be too lazy to bother with it. Thanks for sharing your life, recipies and ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your November House is lovely...and the cactus! I never have luck with them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I guess it prefers to be a Halloween cactus?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah, your Christmas cactus. So gorgeous! I wonder when mine will get that big. lol!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the Christmas cactus. Reminds of Olivia Walton (from TV's Waltons). Something about that show; the simpler times, the sefl-sufficiency.....and Olivia had a cactus just like this one. I'm in the mood for Autumn/Halloween items too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your Christmas cactus is just lovely! They remind me of my sweet Mama. She loved them and always had the best luck with them (unlike her daughter with the brown thumb!). I just LOVE the November cottage. Fall colors are calling my name right now, too. I'm itching to start something new. I can't wait to see what you decide on.

    Have a great rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The November cottage may end up being one of my favorites. Do you think you will be changing any colors on this one?
    Your flowers are so pretty! My puppy keeps pulling pieces off of mine, so not sure how pretty it will be this year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, the blooms on your Christmas cactus are lovely. It's amazing it is blooming so early in the season.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The November Cottage does look great dosn't it? I am loving the whole color scheme it's half christmassy half Autumny - you know as stitchers we have our own language right? so I can say that ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think the November cottage is one of the best of the series. Your Christmas cactus is beautiful! How do you do it? Mine is rather sickly looking. It Summered over on our deck, but that didn't seem to revive it much...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Like yours my "Christmas " cactus has become a Halloween cactus....but then it is very old, It turned 35 last Christmas......

    ReplyDelete
  14. The November cottage screams autumn, just what you need. Can't wait to see what you do with it. Just think of your early blooming Christmas cactus as an early Christmas present!

    ReplyDelete
  15. My cactus blooms at Thanksgiving and Easter. Go figure.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your November Cottage! :)

    The Christmas Cactus cracks me up that it is blooming now. It's beautiful, though. Enjoy it while it blooms, for it's very lovely.

    Wishing you a wonderful day :)

    ReplyDelete

“In every end, there is also a beginning.”

 Gentle Friends, I finished the sampler last night and here's a snaperooo... Village Square Sampler from Samplers Remembered   1/8 - 3/2...