Wednesday, June 19, 2013

A Little Weekend Shopping

Gentle Friends over the weekend we did our usual running around and in and out of Consignment Shops, Thrift Shops and Goodwill's...  we also stopped of at Cliff's Variety Store...  and here are some of the fun things I found....

A little background - I grew up using ice in every cold drink - my motto could be.... if it ain't clinking with ice, then why bother.  I use ice from the dead of winter to the blazing hot summer and even keep a bag at work, If I'm gonna have a drink I am gonna have an iced drink - so when I saw this great ice tray I knew it was coming home with me....


.... these super cubes of ice are almost 2" square!!  The tray itself is silicone or some kind of rubber so they pop out easy enough, but wowsers - the cubes are just great!!  I put the quarter there so you can really tell just how big they are.  This ice tray is basically my favorite thing this week!
_______________

The running around to the other "shops" I found a few things......


.....  it was a good day for DVD's and some fun books.  "The Giving Tree" is such a sweet story, "Beasley's Christmas Party" is a great first edition copy from 1909, "God's Secretaries" should be a great read about the creation of the King James version of the Bible. 

 It was great to find a copy of "Twas the Night.." DVD, and I think the combination of Judi Dench and Bob Hoskins is top notch in "Mrs. Henderson Presents,"  The anniversary edition of "Apollo 13" was a no brainier as was picking up both "The Producers" and "The Long Long Trailer."  Even though I already have copies of both "The Producers" and "The Long Long Trailer" - they are such fun movies ( and in pristine condition) I couldn't pass them up - now I need to figure out something to do with them???  Maybe a DVD Gift-a-way???
___________

There you go sports fans - that's about it for today, thanks for stopping by, do stop again!!

Take care,
edgar

12 comments:

  1. Oh, love the ice cube tray...especially since my ice maker is BROKEN.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am an ice freak myself and I am envious of your fantastic find!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG. I want that ice tray. So cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG...I gotta get me one of those ice trays, LOL! Love it...

    And what a great haul from your shopping trip.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful super sweet treasure x

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW the ice tray is amazing but a copy of The Long Long Trailer lucky you! What a great find!
    Enjoy,
    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the ice cube tray. I also love ice in my drinks...

    We have an ice maker in our freezer, but for some reason my favorite ice is what you buy in those plastic bags.... go figure.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I thought only we Southerners insisted on ice in all our drinks. (and at that only the ones who lived pre-a/c)

    I love Mrs. Henderson Presents. I have a copy of it - lucky me! But then I love almost anything with Judi Dench in it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lol, those cubes are huge indeed!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good grief! You really hit the jackpot! That ice tray is a treasure for sure. I remember watching The Long, Long Trailer when I was a little girl. I loved it back then : ) Apollo 13 is a great movie as is Mrs. Henderson. Beasley's Christmas Party looks neat. I'm not familiar with it. I am familiar with The Giving Tree. I love that book : )

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE that ice cube tray! I'm the same way. It can be 20 degrees out (rare for N. Fl) and I still have a big glass of ice water. I'll have to look for one of those. It would be great for work.

    ReplyDelete

“In every end, there is also a beginning.”

 Gentle Friends, I finished the sampler last night and here's a snaperooo... Village Square Sampler from Samplers Remembered   1/8 - 3/2...