Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Cake Day

Gentle Friends today I have a super recipe I found over at "South Your Mouth" a Blog written and run by Mandy - it is a great place for some super recipes  - go check it out!!  On Sunday afternoon I baked up one of her cakes from a recent post, called "Preacher Cake" - I was totally intrigued by the name and after reading over the recipe it sounded like a total winner...and it was...I made it in a 13 x 9 pan, but it could have been easily been adapted to either cupcakes or a layer cake.....here is is after cooling and icing.....

... the only changes I made were to add some grated nutmeg to the dry ingredients and to butter and flour the pan - I like dong that so much better than spraying with cooking spray.  The cake is very moist and goes very well with a cup of coffee.....

....the cake is very soft and moist and the hack job I did on it was reprehensible, 
but it still tasted great and was gobbled up!!!
___________

That does it for today, it is a sort of a drive by post today!!  Thanks fro stopping by do stop again!!

Take care,
edgar

4 comments:

  1. My hips are not thanking you Ü - I might have to make this!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hiya Edgar, I also found this recipe a couple months back, a mighty lucky find, sooooo good! Have a great week:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing! I'm so glad y'all enjoyed it! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

“In every end, there is also a beginning.”

 Gentle Friends, I finished the sampler last night and here's a snaperooo... Village Square Sampler from Samplers Remembered   1/8 - 3/2...