Tuesday, June 3, 2014

A Little "Mud Hen"

Gentle Friends, I was all geared up to post a little yesterday when I got caught up with Internet Connectivity both here at work and at home....  it finally seems that everything is smoothing out, and we'll be back up at home soon......  
  Today I wanted to talk a little about a recipe I tried out on Sunday called "Mud Hen Bars" the recipe can be found HERE at a great Blog called South Your Mouth, written a Mandy, a fun read with lots of Southern inspired food and fun!!  

 I always try to start off  by getting everything together....

... while I was creaming the sugar and butter I separated the eggs mixed up the and sifted the dry ingredients, chopped the nuts and mixed in the marshmallows and choco chips.....

....  here's the bottom layer pressed into a 13 x 9 buttered pan and covered with the nuts, marshmallow and chips mix......

.....now everything is covered in the brown sugar meringue and being slid into the oven....

... out of the oven and golden brown, it took about 28 minutes, now waiting for it to cool to cut up.....

... I was a bit impatient and it was on the warm side when I cut into it, so it was still on the gooey melty side.  These were pretty tasty little cookies, and very, very similar to a Mississippi Mud Cake, but cookie form.  So if you like the cake you'll love the cookie!!  Thanks to sweet Mandy I've got another super cookie to add to my ever growing repertoire!!

That's a bout it for today sports fans, I'm still working on the Colonial Gathering piece and will pop a snap up at the end of the week before I send it out for finishing.  Thanks for stopping by, do stop again!!

Take care,
edgar

6 comments:

  1. Since I'm in the mood to be piggy this morning, this sounds like it would fit the bill!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks really tasty. I wish I had a piece of that right now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, they look totally wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete

“In every end, there is also a beginning.”

 Gentle Friends, I finished the sampler last night and here's a snaperooo... Village Square Sampler from Samplers Remembered   1/8 - 3/2...