Thursday, June 26, 2014

Thrifty Thursday

Gentle Friends, last Saturday we did a quick run to a few of the regular shops and found some fun stuff......

... starting in the upper left corner... two Cinderella shaped mixing bowls in the "Butterprint" pattern, an extra large water bowl for the who hounds, a great little Longaberger Christmas Carol Basket, 2 DVD's "The Holy Grail," 1975, and "Death on the Nile," 2004 -  an author and artist signed copy of "Letters from Chickadee Hill" and a "puzzle" box from the 20's with a carved Scottie on top. It always surprises me what i can find, I've not seen any Butterprint" for a few years, and its a pattern I really like, and there were two bowls marked at 1/2 price at a thrift store, you just never know what will be out there.
______________

That's about it for today sports fans, thanks for stopping by, do stop again!!

Take care,
edgar

10 comments:

  1. Loving the Christmas basket, that is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great finds Edgar, I think I saw the pattern when I was at the antigue stores this week. Next time I go back I will have to look again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's what is so fun about thrifting - you never know what you will find!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...or what you'll learn visiting your blog. Didn't know those bowls were 'Cinderella' shaped. These surprises are what make thrifting so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah The Holy Grail! So many choice phrases to use..."we want a shrubbery", " I fart in your general direction" etc etc. Great film.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your thrifting finds! The mixing bowls are great!
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dearest Edgar: I think that dog dish is a hoot, wow what a great find.
    Super great movie finds, a Longerberger basket they are hard to come by.
    I love the bowls, beautiful colors.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great finds - I love John Suchet as Poirot

    ReplyDelete
  9. My mom still has that set of mixing bowls!
    Debi at NIAH

    ReplyDelete

“In every end, there is also a beginning.”

 Gentle Friends, I finished the sampler last night and here's a snaperooo... Village Square Sampler from Samplers Remembered   1/8 - 3/2...