Thursday, August 28, 2014

Thrifting Thursday

Gentle Friends, as usual Thursday is a show and tell day about the bits I picked up over the weekend.  Here's a snap....

..... from top L to R.... a Princess floor puzzle, a hand made brass pot/cauldron, forged arched iron handle with copper attachments, I saw this on a pile of plastic crap at the Salvation Army store and snatched it right up thinking how great it would be for Hallowe'en!! and for a couple of bucks how could I miss!!  Next,  I found this covered English butter/cheese dish dating from between the Wars, at a thrift shop, leaning against it is a great piece of Japanese export ware from the last half of the 19th century, then of course a couple of great DVD's.  Not a bad day at all!!

The floor puzzle we got for our great niece who started kindergarten this past Monday, she loves all things "princess" and this puzzle fits the bill......

.....  it originally was sold from an expensive children's store here in the City (the tags were still on it) but we picked it up at a consignment shop for a few dollars.  There are a couple of estate sales this weekend so I'm kind of stoked about that!!  
________________

That's about it for today sports fans.  Thanks again for stopping by!!

Take care,
edgar

10 comments:

  1. O'Kay tell me which one of you put together the puzzle??????

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another good thrifting day for you Edgar! Beautiful finds!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, Edgar, Valley of Decision...what a great movie classic that is...never to see the likes of them again ...don't
    you just love such discoveries?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice goodies. Good luck this week-end!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you're well Edgar, love the floor puzzle!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice finds!
    Good luck for the next round!
    greetings from Germany

    ReplyDelete
  7. The floor puzzle is wonderful. I'm getting to be quite good at those as my granddaughter loves me as her assistant!

    ReplyDelete
  8. lol, Edgar! I've been looking for a copy of Valley of Indecision for months and you've found one. Enjoy! I'm way behind on your posts but your trip sounds wonderful and your photos are fabulous! Cannot wait to see and read more. TFS.

    ReplyDelete

“In every end, there is also a beginning.”

 Gentle Friends, I finished the sampler last night and here's a snaperooo... Village Square Sampler from Samplers Remembered   1/8 - 3/2...