Thursday, March 19, 2015

Thrifty Thursday

Gentle Friends... not much to find out doing the thrifty thing this past weekend - I did find......

... a small "Butter print" Pyrex mixing bowl.  It's a pattern I like and pick up when I can find a nice piece.....  I also found another matryoska - this time it is of much more recent Russians and seems to be very political... I can identify the 1st and 2nd pieces, Boris Yeltsin, then Mikail Gorbachev....  but the next five guys and why do they all have "blood" on their hands and what is the Russian written on each of them??????  Far too many questions for my limited knowledge, but pretty interesting!!

... this is a snap of the front......

.... and the backs.......the two large one have nothing on the back......
____________

That's about it for today sports fans, thanks for stopping by, do stop again!!

Take care,
edgar

9 comments:

  1. You always have luck finding such nifty things Edgar! I recognize the Pyrex pattern, and those Russian guys are very interesting. I wonder what their story is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) Matryoshka with blood has images of participants 1991. These people have tried to remove Gorbachev. The names of these people written on matryoshka. Pavlov, Kruchkov, Yazov. These nesting dolls were made immediately after 1991.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Edgar, nice finds.
    The 2nd from right in the 1st roe is our former chancelor, Mr. Kohl. In reality he is not that small.
    Greetings

    ReplyDelete
  4. The dolls are very interesting. Do they 'nest' into each other? I love the older pyrex dishes. Very rarely find any in thrift shops here. I have a set of bowls that I remember my grandmother using 50+ years ago. Thanks for sharing your finds.

    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  5. Edgar, here's the info on the matryoshka. The names of the men who participated in the coup are on the front, the name of the state committee is on the back:

    http://netlibrary.net/articles/gkchp

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad I popped over to find out if anyone had given you the skinny on the matryoshka. The internet did not disappoint me today! :)

    ReplyDelete

“In every end, there is also a beginning.”

 Gentle Friends, I finished the sampler last night and here's a snaperooo... Village Square Sampler from Samplers Remembered   1/8 - 3/2...