Wednesday, November 4, 2015

85 Years Ago Today

Gentle Friends...  today would have been my Grandparents 85th Wedding Anniversary..... I wanted to remember them with a little tribute and so last Sunday I had some flowers put in the Church for them....
.... as usual they floral designer did a wonderful job and they were really beautiful.....  here are some pictures you might enjoy.....

....  there are no wedding pictures, my grandparents eloped and without a camera in sight!!  These are the two earliest snaps I have of them with my dad as a baby, so it would have been the fall of 1931,  they were taken at my Great grandmothers farm in Decatur, Georgia...

... this is a snap my Dad kept in his wallet taken in the late 1950's...

..... this is a picture from Christmas 1965 in Oxford Mississippi...the kid with the book is me....

... one of my favorite pictures of my Granny and me also Christmas,1965...

....  1980, at their 50th Wedding Anniversary party....

.... 1982, when I graduated from High School.....

... from about 1988 for the Church Directory.....
_______________________

That's about it for today sports fans, I hope enjoyed my little trip into the past.
Thanks for stopping by, do stop again!!

Take care,
edgar

15 comments:

  1. What a beautiful lady your grandmother was. Lovely smile. Thanks for the memory trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful remembrance--Grandparents are the greatest gift! So happy you have photos of them

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great thing to do! Your Grandmother was so pretty--I especially love the anniversary and church directory pics! Pearls look great with that blue!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing your lovely photographs. The one of you and your grandmother is so special, the love just shines out of both of you! Your flowers were a lovely tribute to their marriage and memory.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! Such a sweet and thoughtful thing to do.

    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, I wouldn't even know when any of my grandparents' anniversaries were. I barely know my own parent's anniversary since dad died when I was very young. You obviously loved them very much and the feeling was mutual. Such a beautiful tribute.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such lovely photos! It's obvious that your grandparents loved you so much!
    Of course, I'm partial to the Oxford MS photos, but they are all very sweet!
    The flowers are a lovely remembrance!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful flower, and your Grandmother was very beautiful. Love the pearls in the photo your grandfather kept in his wallet. Nice rememberance.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such great photos!It's great you remember them so nicely!AriadnefromGreece!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Edgar your sweet heart just always shines through! The flowers in memory of your grandparents are just lovely. As is all the pictures. Your Granny was a beauty and your Grandpa a handsome guy. What lovely, beautiful memories of the heart :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. The flowers are just beautiful and the photos are wonderful. I am so glad you have them.

    ReplyDelete
  12. How wonderful of you to remember your grandparents! WIsh more people could be that thoughtful.

    JHM

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are really special memories, thank you for sharing. x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful floral arrangement. That was so thoughtful of you. I enjoyed the old pictures ~ you certainly looked so happy in the arms of your grandmother.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Dearest Edgar: I have been catching up on my blogging, (my BlogSpot was hacked again and had to go through a bunch of crap to get it back)
    so I am reading past posts of yours, I want to say what a beautiful Man you must be to have flowers at Church in honor of your GrandParents, your heart is so gentle and loving.
    The pictures of your Grandmother are simply beautiful what a lovely face she has, the eyes are so bright and I bet she had a wonderful sense of humor, your Grandfather is so hansom.
    Beautiful tribute, thank-you for sharing with us.

    Blessings
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete

“In every end, there is also a beginning.”

 Gentle Friends, I finished the sampler last night and here's a snaperooo... Village Square Sampler from Samplers Remembered   1/8 - 3/2...