Wednesday, March 30, 2016

"America the Beautiful" - a Picture Heavy Post

Gentle Friends, this is the 4th year in a row we've made it to the Macy's Flower Show, 2015, 2014 and 2013 - this year the theme was all about America and the flora of each state - it was again very pretty and well thought out......

 ... getting pictures of the front windows, which were really great was really hard.....

 ... this was the best shot of the bunch... over to the left you can see my reflection....

... the front of the store is all makeup and perfume and here's where they set the tone for the show once again...can we say California and the Golden gate Bridge.....  

 ... here's a little better shot of the floor from above..

 ... real fountins tinkling away..

 ... tons of foxglove and geraniums...

 ... and some spectacular rhododendrons

 ... one of the many banners from inside the store...

 ...this was above the perfume counters in the center of the department..

 ... this was above the watch department counters..

 ... in the jewelry department was this statue, I'm thinking it is from some building, but I couldn't identify it and there was no information ....  any guesses??   UPDATE - this is the Dewey Monument topper here in Union Square SF CA....  go figure - thanks Erin!!!!

... across from the statue was this North Eastern inspired setup....

... and the central piece for the show in fine jewelry was the torch from the Statue of Liberty...  from here we went up stairs to the china and tchotchke department..

 ... representing Texas was this Bar-B-Que display...

 ... Florida got a nod with this rustic dinning area... there was a ton of sea glass everywhere, covering everything the globe things, on and under the table, I guess they think the beaches are covered in the stuff.....  I'm from Florida and don't remember the beaches like that, there were also piles of sand dollars and I do love sand dollars..... I was really tempted to swipe one... but resisted....



 ... I'm guessing this was a nod to the Great Lakes region....
_________________


....  on a major landing in the ladies departments was this set up, each figure representing a different state...  the ones I could find info about....

 ...a fugure of Babe Ruth out of popcorn for Maryland...

 ...  these are cloth covered spools representing Betsey Ross and Pennsylvania... 

 ... I couldn't find out about this figure, but isn't it interesting...
and is a hint at the next couple of posts....
__________________

That's about it for today sports fans, I hope you enjoyed the snaps!!  
Thanks for stopping by do stop again!!

Take care,
edgar

8 comments:

  1. Love your posts Edgar. They virtually transport me to all the places you visit. Thanks a ton for all the lovely pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely pics, Edgar!

    And your mystery statue looks like the Dewey Monument, from Union Square in San Francisco. :)
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dewey_Monument

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great blogpost!Thanks for all the photos! That pop cprn outfit is edible I guess!I loved the dress with all the thread spools on. And I agree Florida hasn't got much sea glass as far as I know. Was it real sea glass or man made?I would be tempted to take a piece too!LOL!AriadnefromGreece!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely love this! They put on quiet a show and love seeing it each year you post about them. It's FAR better than any flower show I've attended here on the east coast. Tell me that you'll stop by there again next year. No pressure! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Edgar, thank you so much for sharing these beautiful pictures. I sure wish our Macy's did something like that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! So awesome. Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very fun! I was hoping we'd make it to the NYC equivalent, but it's not looking good. Oh well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So many beautiful things in this post...

    ReplyDelete

“In every end, there is also a beginning.”

 Gentle Friends, I finished the sampler last night and here's a snaperooo... Village Square Sampler from Samplers Remembered   1/8 - 3/2...