Tuesday, September 13, 2016

A Little Stitchin'

Gentle Friends, I missed yesterday posting the stitching I've gotten done on "Plantation Sampler"... 
so here's a snaperoo...


... I took this shot of the sampler during the day with mostly filtered foggy daylight.  We were overcast all weekend so there was no bright sunlight.  To last weeks "Stitchin' " post the question came up about some of the lighter colours I'm using- for the letters"L" "M" and "N" - the silk colour is "Apricot."  It is very light and does not show very well in a photo.  It's like the big "Z" and the small "a" - that colour is "Sagebrush," another very light colour.  I'm going to just leave them until the end and then I may change out the colours for something a little darker.  Sorry about the wrinkles, but they really show in natural light!!  :)
____________________

That's about it for today sports fans, thanks for stopping by, do stop again!!

Take care,
edgar

6 comments:

  1. I like your idea to look at the finished project before changing up the colors Edgar. I have changed several colors lately as they just did not suit my taste. I am working on Prairie Schooler Knock Knock and hope to finish it tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep the light on.....I can see it better! lol It's looking good, love the verse.

    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  3. The sampler looks wonderful! Is the little message over one? If so,you did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are making super progress on your sampler.

    ReplyDelete
  5. this sampler is so pretty. I like how delicate the wording is.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the colors on this sampler. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete

“In every end, there is also a beginning.”

 Gentle Friends, I finished the sampler last night and here's a snaperooo... Village Square Sampler from Samplers Remembered   1/8 - 3/2...